Last Updated: 03.08.2021
These terms govern you as a customer and your relationship with Bourton Vale Equestrian, all purchases you make for products advertised for sale by us via our website (bourtonvaleequestrian.co.uk) and all communications with you (including but not limited to emails from us to you and any printed material that will accompany your orders).
- Must have completed a Rider Registration Form or Hack Registration Form before riding a horse.
- Must resubmit their Rider Registration Form if their details change (the responsibility falls to the Parent/Guardian if the child is under 18).
- We reserve the right to refuse you to ride a particular horse/pony if we feel that the safety of the rider or horse is in question.
- You also have the right to request another Instructor subject to availability.
2. PUNCTUALITY AND ARRIVAL TIMES:
- Please arrive 10minutes before the start of the session.
- If you are late, we unfortunately cannot make that time up as other clients will be waiting for their lessons to start on time.
3. NEW CLIENTS:
- Assessment/Introduction Lessons are had before being allowed to book anything else. This allows us to ascertain your riding level.
- All Clients Rules Apply.
- We ask that you are totally honest with your previous riding ability on booking, and under estimate rather than guess. We can still take you, but the horses selected and ride type are set at your advised level.
- We reserve the right to amend the ride type, if on arrival it is clear your chosen ride is not safe. If other clients are booked onto same ride we might not be able to change, in which case your ride is forfeited.
4. PREVIOUS CLIENTS:
- If you’ve not been riding with us for a year or more. We reserve the right to ask you to complete another Assessment Lesson.
- All Clients Rules Apply.
- It is a condition of booking that you accept our No Refund Policy.
- If you fail to turn up, you will be required to pay in full.
- We operate a No Refund Policy. This is a condition of booking.
- No Credit or Transfers are Given for late cancellations.
- Credit or Transfers are available with 48 hours notice for any reason. 24 hours in cases of sickness.
- We ride in all weathers as long as it is safe to do so. If we have to cancel due to weather conditions you are entitled to a refund, credit or transfer.
- Instructors reserve the right to refuse to teach a client for any reason.
8. VOUCHERS PURCHASES AND REDEMPTION:
It’s a condition of purchase that:
- The intended rider has no Medical conditions that require doctors approval.
- The intended rider meets our Height / Weight Guidelines: Maximum Weight 16 Stone.
- The Purchaser and Intended rider acknowledge and agree to our Standard Terms and Conditions.
- Vouchers have no expiry date. No Refunds Available.
- All bookings are subject to availability.
9. PONY CLUB
- We reserve the right to refuse membership. Managements Decision is final.
10. SAFETY EQUIPMENT AND RIDING WEAR:
- P.P.E (Personal Protective Equipment): Every time you handle a horse you are required to wear the appropriate Personal Protective Equipment.
- Hats (all types): Should be PAS015 or BSEN138 standard (or better).
- Must be worn and fastened at all times while riding a horse.
- Must be worn and fastened at all times while handling or a horse.
- We strongly advise all customers to purchase their own helmet as soon as possible.
- We recommend against purchasing second hand riding helmets in case they have been damanged.
- We reserve the right to refuse you lessons until you’ve purchased one.
- We lend hats at your own risk for the first 6 sessions, thereafter you must have your own.
- We do not provide body protectors.
- We strongly recommend you wear one whenever riding.
- This is especially important if you take part in jumping classes.
- We recommend you wear one whenever handling a horse.
- We recommend against purchasing second hand body protectors in case they have been damanged.
- Clients must wear appropriate footwear while riding.
- Jodphur Boots.
- Riding Boots.
- High Heels.
- We reserve the right to refuse footwear we deem unsafe.
- We have boots you can borrow at your own risk.
- You should not wear Jewellery of any kind, anything you wear you do so at your own risk.
- It’s the parents responsibility to check their child isn’t wearing Jewellery.
11. EXTRA VISITORS AND/OR FRIENDS OF THE FAMILY:
- Children must be supervised at all times by a legally responsible person.
- Parents are advised not to leave your children unattended at any time during their stay.
- If spectating please remain as quiet as possible, and in full view of the horses/ponies & Instructor at all times.
- Whilst spectating, the Instructor reserves the right to ask you to leave if they feel the safety of the rider or horse/pony is in question.
- Young Children: Must be supervised at all times by a responsible person and remain with you and quiet whilst lessons are in progress and not to run.
- Umbrellas are not allowed on the yard.
12. MOVEMENT OF HORSES & PONIES AND FARM EQUIPMENT:
- Movement of Horses & ponies and Farm Equipment around the yard and surrounding areas is unavoidable and we ask you to give way to them at all times.
13. OUT OF BOUNDS:
- There are ‘No Entry Type’ signs and notices posted around the facility, you must acknowledge and obey them, ignoring them is at your own risk.
The following locations are Out of Bounds without written permission from management, you must not enter them and you do so at your own risk:
- Large Stable Yard including but not limited to;
- Any Stable Boxes.
- Any Comparments or Lean Too Shelters.
- Tack Rooms.
- Feed Rooms.
- Sheds or other Buildings.
- Fields or Paddocks.
- Locked/Closed/Enclosed Areas or Buildings.
14. WARNING SIGNS:
- We have many different warning signs all over the grounds, they are there for a reason, you must obey them. We reserve the right to ask you to leave the grounds at any time if we think you are a danger to yourself.
15. SMOKING POLICY:
- We have a Strict No Smoking Policy, if you are caught you will be asked to leave.
- We don’t allow any clients to bring their own pets onto the grounds/premises.
- Guide Dogs are Allowed.
- All animals are unpredictable, Do Not Feed the Horses & Ponies at any time. Don’t enter any field, box or make contact with a Horse or Pony at any time, without prior authorisation from a member of Management.
18. CARS, BICYCLES:
- We can’t be held responsible for any damage to your transportation while on the premises/grounds.
19. PERSONAL PROPERTY:
- We can’t be held responsible for Damage, Theft or Loss of your personal property while it’s on the premises.
20. OTHER: PLEASE NOTE:
- Park in the designated areas.
- Walkers are advised to take extreme care due to uneven surfaces.
- Walking around the premises is entirely at your own risk.
- Maximum Speed on the premises is 5mph.
21. RIDING IS A RISK SPORT:
- Your choice to ride is voluntary. We take all reasonable care to provide suitable and safe horses and ponies for all our clients. All animals can be Unpredictable. We strongly advise you to take out full personal accident cover.
22. PLEASE NOTE:
Bourton Vale Equestrian Centre, Owners, Staff and Volunteers cannot be held responsible for any accident, injury or loss to any persons or their property whilst on these premises or whilst out hacking, hunting or any other discipline.
All prices include VAT at the prevailing rate. VAT number GB133 685896.
23. AGREEMENT OF TERMS:
- By confirming a booking you are agreeing to our terms and conditions.
Last Updated: 17.12.2020
We respect your privacy and that is why we are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected.
There are some areas on this website from which you may need to provide information. This information is used by us to communicate with you only in connection with the purposes that you have requested.
All information provided is kept confidential and will not be sold onto any third parties. We will only disclose your information if required by law.
By submitting your information (via a form or by purchasing a product), you consent to the use of that information as set out in this policy. If you are unsure about any aspect of our Privacy Statement please contact us and we will do our best to assist you.